Friday, June 3, 2011

Gray Day

Well it's another gray day in Michigan.



Looks like it may storm, glad I got my run in when I did. Today I took my pace a bit slower and just tried to really enjoy the cool air and scenery. It was 63 degrees the morning when I went for my run. It's supposed to get up to 80 today and be humid again. Which is why I knew I had to get the run in early. I suppose it would be a good idea to get some runs in during the hot part of the day. After all the race is in Virginia Beach. I feel like I have a bit of an advantage here though, I train on some pretty sketchy, hilly terrain. It's Michigan so we have potholes galore and weird shifted sidewalks. My ankles get a real work out when I go outside just from negotiating the terrain. Whereas in the Virgina Beach area it's all flat and smooth. So I'm hoping that will make the race a bit easier for me once I get out there.

Today's Number's look like this:
Time: 01:01:05
Distance: 4.26
Pace: 14:20

No comments: