Friday, April 15, 2011

Motivational xtrain

Vegetarian lentil soup and much running blog reading...seems like the perfect way to prepare of today's xtraining session. I must admit, reading blogs is so motivational for me, I'm not even sure why. Maybe it's a feeling of belonging to a group, or maybe it's just in the psychology of connecting through struggle. Or maybe it's just to ground myself in the idea that running can be a very physical and mental struggle, a struggle that every runner goes through regardless of distance, pace, or PR's. We all have our walls, we all have our PR's. The thrill of the race, the battle of will against muscle, and the victory of the finish line are all things we share and in that commonality there is peace, the peace of understanding. So while my non-running friends and co-workers shake their heads and wonder how...or why I torture myself, I can always find solace in the blogs of my fellow runners.


No comments: