Monday, January 26, 2009

W1D1 all over again..

I’m happy to report that I’ve completed W1D1 of the C25K today. I gotta say it was far from easy...lol; I've lost a lot since last July. That's kinda depressing. I decided to use 6 mph as my jog speed and 3 mph as my walk. At 6 mph it was hard for me to last the entire minute but, is was okay cuz the 90 sec break was JUST barely long enough for me to recover. So I'm thinking as I go forward into week 2 or week 3 I may have to slow that jog speed down some we'll wait and see. For now I was able to keep my breathing under control and it was hard but, as Jillian would say, “Unless you faint, puke, or die, KEEP GOING!” and I didn't faint, puke or die AND I didn’t have to hold on to the treadmill so, I guess I didn't over work myself.
I felt really good afterward like I accomplished something and the hardest part of exercising is the actually "DOING IT" ...lol.
So, my next challenge is to stick with it for the next 9 weeks. Nine weeks is a long time but, I know that it gets easier to handle the longer I do it and the more it becomes a habit...just something I do. For me once I work it into my weekly routine, then I'll do okay.

Next C25K workout will be on Wednesday!


Why am I Starting C25K Over Again?
As many of you know, I started the C25K program for the first time and on the 4th of July weekend I participated in the Run thru Purgatory - 5K. After that I had planned to do the Run thru Hell, but, that didn't happen. I had a leg surgery which stopped me from running. I was supposed to quit for 6 weeks... but, 6 weeks quickly became 6 months and now here I am, I've gained a good amount of weight and I haven't been on a treadmill since before my race. I'm actually a bit afraid of getting on that treadmill, coz then I will know the full measure of what I have lost. I'm afraid of how depressing it will be knowing where I was and where I am now. I'm sad to see how I let myself go and surprised to see how quickly my progress was lost. Despite all that though, I plan to start the C25K on Monday January 26th, 2009. I'm gonna start back at the very beginning again with week 1 day 1. At least this time around I know what to expect.

No comments: