Friday, January 30, 2009

Week 1 Completed

Wednesday night I got new running shoes. I had been needing a pair and with starting the C25K I figured this would be a good time to get some. I tried on a bunch of different kinds of running shoes and finally decided on some New Balance 725's. Not that I'm a big fan of New Balance...but I'm kinda starting to lean that way. Since I'm a neutral runner I can get a variety of shoes. But, I find I enjoy lots of cushion to lessen the shock on my body during impact. So I opted for a super cushy pair of shoes. The nice thing about these New Balance shoes is they seem to be a bit wider too which accommodates my pudgy footsies so much better.
Here are my new shoes.
From Running

These are the stats:
New Balance 725
Abzorb® EX heel provides durable cushioning and shock absorption
C-CAP® midsole provides cushioning and support
Synthetic/Mesh upper provides lightweight comfort and support
N-Durance® rubber compound for maximum outsole durability

Today was W1D3 of the C25K. Yep I finished week one and I'm on to week number 2. I'm still working on running at 6MPH and walking at 3MPH. Today's workout was the first in my new shoes. They worked out nice. Felt so much more supportive than my old pair. I also found something cool on the net. C25K T-shirts Pretty cool...I might consider getting one when I complete the C25K.

On To Week #2

No comments: