Monday, February 2, 2009

The healing power of .... RUNNING??


I was feeling weak, defeated and overrun with negative emotions today. I forced myself on that dreaded treadmill once again to do my C25K training. As I ran my focus changed, I have to force myself not to look at the numbers on the treadmill it makes it harder…I HAVE to look at the time to make sure I’m getting my intervals right…but I don’t need to stare at it the whole time. So I looked out the window a bit, then I noticed a cob web ( I really should knock that down)…I thought about improvements I wanna make to the house… looked outside some more and thought about how it’s starting to look a little like spring. As I got sweatier I opened the window and I could hear birds chirping. Another sign of the approaching spring? Hope so!
By the time I got done running, I was a bundle of positivity and confidence.

With that all said, I have completed Week 2 Day one of the Couch to 5K. It still feels like it’s too hard…but I always manage to make it through…so, I’m pretty sure I’m working out at the perfect level. I don’t want it to be too easy. Still running at 6mph and walking now at about 3.2mph.
With the 5 minute warm-up and cool-down included I went 2.05 miles which took me 31 minutes.

Week2 Day2 is gonna be on Wednesday!

No comments: