Tuesday, February 17, 2009

So much BAD


Valentines Day...oh how you coax me to be bad...and Oh how I love to submit to your wicked ways.

I'm shocked really....
I did it, I'm guilty. It's stupid I know. Valentine's day is nothing more than an over-commercialized event that tries to force people to show appreciation for their loved ones by spending hoards of money on them. I don't buy into that. I think acts of love and kindness should be sprinkled throughout the year not just on one silly day.
But sadly, I do enjoy Valentines Day it's reminds me how much appreciate my hubby and our great relationship. Which of course is cause for celebration. SO, like many other lovers across the land hubby and I celebrated with good food. A celebration that lasted all weekend. It was shameful. Yep that's right, I threw caution to the wind and jumped with both feet into a world of tempting food at a time when everyone says..."well that's okay, I mean it is Valentines Day." I'm pretty ashamed of myself. But, like a trooper I got back on the wagon Monday morning. I woke up and weighed myself. I was sad to see I'd gained a bit back but it strengthened my resolve to get busy and start working off those calories. Despite my self-induced set backs the scale hasn't been too mean to me. So it shouldn't be too hard to make it up.
As for my running, well lets just say it's hard to run with pizza and chocolate hanging outta your face. The C25k was pissing me off anyway so it's good that I took a little hiatus. I've decided to start week 3 over again. Coz last week sucked! So today was week 3 day1 AGAIN. It wasn't easy. I've hit a wall and hard!! That second 3minute run just isn't there for me. I run and feel like it's been about 3 minutes...and its only been A-minute-and-a-half. It's not my leg muscles either...they are still ready to go...it's my lungs. I control my breath for about A-minute-and-a-half. and then that's it...I slowly start to lose control and end up being short of breath and having to hold on to the treadmill to make it through. I even tried slowing my speed down that second 3 minute segment and I still couldn't do it....AGGGGHHHH. Stupid week 3...Stupid lungs.

The dirty details:
5 minute warm up at 3MPH
21 minutes alternating between 3MPH and 6MPH(and slowing down to 5mph at times)
5 minute cool down

No comments: