Sunday, May 2, 2010

2010 Grand Rapids Kidney Walk

Another gray day in Michigan...about 65 degrees and no sun.
That's how the 2010 Grand Rapids Kidney Walk began.
This was my first time participating in the Kidney Walk. My family got together and formed Team Brent in honor of my brother-in-law. This is a pic of Team Brent...

the guy with the Blue and Yellow hair is Brent. He agree to color his hair all crazy if we made our $$ goal....lol.After battling with juvenile onset diabetes which claimed his eyesight, foot and kidneys we can proudly say that Brent is a transplant survivor of 4 years. Today was a good day for him and his spirits were high! He managed to walk just about 1 mile of the 2.70 mile course.

Part of the trail lead us along the Grand River which made for some nice pics and we got to see some wild life (turtles and ducks).

The other part of the trail took us along the highway where numerous cars and trucks honked in support. I haven't yet heard how many people walked...I read somewhere that last year they had 800 some people attend. I wonder if we beat that this year? There were a lot of people there.

At the end of the day our team was able to raise $2,158.15 for the National Kidney Foundation, and I got some much needed exercise in!
Below is a picture of my oldest son, my hubby and me.


Distance: 2.70miles
Time: 55:34
Pace: 20:33

No comments: