Sunday, July 17, 2011

Random thoughts

Looks like next week is going to be a difficult week for running...


Yuck!Each one of those days is supposed to be HUMID. There has already been an Air Quality Alert issued for my area. LOVELY! And tomorrow I have a 9 mile run planned. But I'm doing it early in the morning...so it should be somewhat cooler. HOPEFULLY.

So today I was reviewing my weight changes this year. So far, this year has been an interesting year for me. Going from traditional eating, to Vegetarian, and finally to Vegan was a slow process. It has paid off slowly in weight and overall health and the best part is I haven't felt deprived...like I always do when I'm dieting. What I'm doing now seems very effortless and results in modest weight loss each month. Just look...

In the first week of December 2010 I was 198 lbs.
January 2011 - I had brought that down to 185 lbs
February - March 2011- down to about 181 lbs and then I stalled. As March began I pigged out for my birthday and many days after.

Starting in the beginning of April 2011 - I went vegetarian

I didn't record my weight until the end of May 2011 at which time I was 184.2 lbs at This point I start full vegan.

June 2011 I started recording my weight more diligently.
June 8 - 176
June 15 - 174.6
June 29 - 171.8

July 2011
July 8 - 169.4
July 15 - 167.2

Total weight loss so far about 30 pounds.

I'm happy That I've finally found something I can do to lose weight. Something that doesn't require me to count every single calorie or record every single morsel of food. I HATE, HATE, HATE that!!! I'm excited to see how far vegan and running can take me!!

No comments: