Friday, June 4, 2010

A life full of changes...

So I've been cleaning up my lifestyle a bunch, I've gone to lean, mean, raw and green. I've started a veggie garden, been switching my foods to at least all natural and totally organic when I can. I'm trying to make all the meats I get grain fed, pasture raised and hormone free. I gave up Diet Coke and bottled water, I now drink my filtered water from a stainless steel water bottle. Take that carbon footprint! This all has happened since April! now that I look at it, that's a lot of change in such a short amount of time. I'm still learning all the time.
There have been some sad casualties along the way. Like just last week I gave up my FAVORITE skin lotion.

I totally LOVED OPI's Avojuice Grapefruit Juicie skin lotion. but when I looked it up on skin deeps website... it got the worst score ever! I might as well have been rubbing radioactive sludged on my skin...probably would have been better for me...and it'd have a nice glow...terrible aren't I...lol. So since it's so bad for me...and I now know just HOW BAD it is I had to go and switch my skin lotion. Ugh, and I hate that, coz I'm very picky about my lotion... I want to put it on and be done with it... I don't wanna be all sticky and gooey for hours after application, I don't wanna feel like I need a towel to wipe my hands after applying lotion. It should soak in to my horrible dry skin. So I went to harvest Health Foods and tried a bunch of different lotions . I love the fact that they have testers right there so you can try the stuff.
Final verdict: Giovanni Hydrate Body Lotion, Cucumber Song.

That was the bottle that came home with me. At $9.79 is wasn't horrible. the bottle is decently sized and it feels luxurious to put on. It doesn't soak in as fast as the Avojuice did but, after a few minutes, like less than 5 minutes, I'm ready to go. My skin is sooooo smooth after using this lotion that my husband even noticed and said, "man, your skin is smooth all of a sudden" That to me says something. After 15 years of watching me put on skin lotion he only now notices I have soft skin...men...lol. You can order it on amazon if you don't have a local health food store. I highly recommend it.

RIP Avojuice I loved you so...but you're no good for me. Sigh

No comments: