Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cut the Cheese...

Well I've been vegetarian for almost 2 months now and I gotta say I'm liking it. I have less cravings for food, I feel better, and have more energy. I've been slowly pushing toward Vegan. That is my personal goal. But one thing has stood in my way. CHEESE! "Behold the power of CHEESE!" With my last visit to the health food store I found Daiya and it is nothing short of amazing. But, what is more amazing is...I don't NEED it. I add it sometimes for taste, or lets face it a quesadilla isn't quiet right without cheese. But, I don't add it to EVERYTHING like I did regular cheese. I was a huge pizza addict...5 slices, double cheese. OOoey,Gooey, lovely cheese. When Wendy's had their "Wendy's Cheddar Lover's Bacon Cheeseburger" OMG amazing. But I think more than the food...this was at play. The Food Fix Is In
I'm not trying to go conspiracy theorist on yah. But, hey, something just isn't right here. Four months ago, I was scarfing down pizza and ice cream and ooey gooey cheesy deliciousness and today...meh. Actually the thought of the texture and mouth feel of ice cream for me is less than desirable. Yuck. I KNOW, I can't believe it either...and that thought is in my head!! After all the gimmicky diets, all the fads, all the self hatred all the weakness, all the binging on off limits foods, all the failure. Could it be I was addicted to food? If that's true, then vegan is the only way to go, at least for me. And MANY other American's who struggle with weight and yoyo dieting. We shall see. I'll make myself the guinea pig and start fully vegan today. No calorie restrictions, no measuring food, one 1 rule, no animal by products. I''ll tell you, giving up meat...not that hard really. Giving up dairy...hmm. But I really feel that we've been dooped here. Think about it, anything that businesses could add to their food that could make it addictive would only make them sell more products, and make them richer, come on, really, do you think Coke or McDonalds really care about you? Do you think it's in their best interest to keep you safe and healthy? I DON'T if they can make money off killing us very slowly they will. $$$ Bottom line, it's just business baby. Oopsie, our product gave you diabetes after eating it for 15yrs, well how could we have know that? Not our problem.

No comments: