Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Intervals & X-training

I thought I might mix it up again.... So this time I did some intervals instead of my straight 3 miles. I decided I'd do a faster pace (for me)and pop it up to 6.2 MPH. I thought the easiest thing to do would be just week one of the C25K again this time just at the much faster pace. So that's what I did...

Five-minute warmup then...
Alternate 60 seconds of jogging (6.2 MPH)
and 90 seconds of walking (4.0 MPH)
for 20 minutes


That ended up being about 1.6 miles, and I wasn't dead, amazing! I figured at that pace I might not be able to keep up and toward the end I'd shoot off the back of the treadmill...lol.



But I didn't!! It was a challenge...but a doable challenge and it felt GREAT!
After that I did some exercises with my stability ball.

Ball Squats






























And

Leg lifts


After all that I felt like I got a pretty good workout.

The Run thru Purgatory is getting closer and I'm starting to get butterflies now...First Race....Scary!!

No comments: