Friday, June 27, 2008

So Totally Psyched....

I just had my best run ever!!! Wow that makes me soooo happy. I did a little run I have mapped out near my house. It's 1.78 miles, just a little loopy. It only crosses the main road twice and the rest is nice residential. It's 80 degrees and cloudy. Hardly a breeze and on the humid side 48% to be exact. (I'm a weather freak) But it was awesome. I started out running and it was good. My mind was buzzing with all kinds of random thoughts. Flowers were in full bloom everywhere and everynow and then a puff of breeze would lightly endulge me with the sweet scent of lilacs. I LOVE lilacs. The run itself was going great, I sprinted across the main road with the ease of a gazelle and when I got home again and stopped to stretch I then realized...I was DRENCHED with sweat. I figured wow...it must be really hot out. Never thinking my run had any special time or speed to it... till I looked at the timer. I did 1.78 miles in 18 minutes!! that's the fastest I've EVER gone...in my adult life anyway. I'm so proud. So my sweat was well deserved and VERY satisfying. Now I'm in like the best mood ever....


I'm walking on sunshine, woooah
I'm walking on sunshine, woooah
and don't it feel good!!



Running..... it's my Prozac!!

No comments: