Thursday, June 19, 2008

Just a Quickie

Today instead of my 3 miles, I thought I'd just do 2 miles and try to ramp my pace up instead. I thought it might be good to mix it up a little and to be honest... I'm still having some muscle fatigue from my outside run. So I got on the treadmill and really pushed myself.

5 minute warm-up at 3.3 MPH.
21:25 run at 5.6 MPH for 2 Miles
5 minutes cool down at 2.5 MPH.
Pace: 10:41

That's a bit of alright!

I'm pretty pleased with those numbers, I am getting better!
As far as the muscle fatigue goes...the weird muscles in your leg are what's tender on me...like my ankles, the muscle on the inside of my leg on top of my knee, and the back of my knee that muscle is tender too. My thought is that these must be the muscles I use to stabilize myself on rough terrain and they haven't been used much since I've only ran on the treadmill. But sore muscles mean in a few days I'll have stronger muscles so that's a good thing.

No comments: