Wednesday, May 27, 2009

too much? nahhhh....

I'm sick.... Wahhhhhhhanhan. Ugh, I feel like crap. My head is so congested...yuk! But, I ran today...and yes I'm gonna Whine about it!!

Commencing Whinery....

Okay so not only do I feel like crap...and can't sleep right coz I feel like crap...I decide that I wanna run today. Oh, but today, It happens to be like 80 degrees out, and HUMID...boy doggie is it HUMID, 71% humidity with a dew point of 66 degrees. For you non-weather buffs a dew point of anything over 50 starts to feel sticky when the temps are high.

Yeh, so that sounds like just the kinda weather you wanna run in...while you're sick. Anywho.

I got on the treadmill and powered out 1.75miles. My goal WAS 2.0 miles. but when I got to 1.75 I NEEDED a drink of water...and I can't drink and run at the same time so I had to slow down to a quick walk. When I did that...it caught up with me all at once. My cold...the exertion, the weather. I felt VERY dizzy and sick to my stomach...like I was gonna puke. I stopped the treadmill and went straight to the couch and laid down. After a few minutes I was ok and I got up and downed a 20 ouncer of water...then took a nice cold shower. In hindsite I probably should have had a thing of water BEFORE i ran and not pushed so hard.

But, I feel pretty good about that workout. I was sweatin' like a dude. I always feel pretty studly when I'm on the treadmill sweating like that...lol. I dunno why. It makes me feel like I REALLY accomplished something.

Welp, I'm off to chill and re-hydrate now...later gaters!!

No comments: