Monday, May 12, 2008

Week 7 Day 1 ...... and I feel miserable.

I talked myself outa running today, then I talked myself back into running. I really feel crappy today. Cramps, Headache, really a number of good reasons not to run. But, I got on the treadmill and pulled a forrest gump...

" Forrest Gump: That day, for no particular
reason,I decided to go for a little run. So I ran to the end of the road. And
when I got there, I thought maybe I'd run to the end of town. And when I got
there, I thought maybe I'd just run across Greenbow County. And I figured, since
I run this far, maybe I'd just run across the great state of Alabama. And that's
what I did. I ran clear across Alabama. For no particular reason I just kept on
going. I ran clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I'd gone
this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on going. When I got to another
ocean, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep
right on going. "


I promised myself that if I just got on the treadmill I wouldn't have to go fast, just walk even just to get the 2.5 miles in. But as I got on the treadmill I figured, well I can walk at 3.5Mph and once I had 5 minutes in, I figured...well I can jog for a bit...that bit added up being 30:30 minutes and 2.5miles....that's how I tricked myself into running today....lol. I still feel pretty sick, but now I have a bit of pride too.

So here is how my run looked today...

5 minutes warm up 3.5 MPH for 2.8 miles
30:30 minutes at 4.8 MPH for 2.5 miles
5 minutes cool down 3.5 MPH for 2.8 miles
Pace: 12:11

No comments: