Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rest Day - Runner's Survey

I read this runner's survey on Run with Jess, and thought it looked fun. So read away, and if you'd like, post the survey on your blog...you know you want too!

What is your favorite type of cross training?


Swimming, I love swimming! But, when swimming isn't possible..too cold or no place to go. Then I opt for my stability ball.
It's easy, somewhat portable and really works the core!

What is your favorite song to run to?
Right now I'm really liking "Fire Burning" by Sean Kingston. Oddly enough I"m finding I also like "Price Tag" by Jessie J it's slow for a running song, but mixed in with my run music it helps me relax, breathe and just enjoy being alive and running.


What brand of shoes do you wear?
Mizuno! It used to be Saucony's. But after awhile with my saucony grids, I'd run for awhile and then my heal would be a little tender from all the heal strikes...and my fattitude. So I got a new pair of shoes Mizunos which is what I have now and I gotta say I'm in love! With the mizunos, they hold my foot in such a way that each foot fall is less on the heal thus, no more tender heal.

Do you wear a hat when you run?
No, sometimes a visor...but not really. Now since I have my hair shorter I've been thinking about bondi band. But hat's just aren't my thang.
Bondi Bands are SO cute, and so many designs, so hard to choose! I wonder how they are to run in.



What temperature is your favorite for running?
Between 60 and 70 degrees is great, preferable with out humidity!

Do you have any big races coming up?
September 4, 2011 - Virginia Beach Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon - EEKKK!!! So EXCITED!
Can you tell? I love Virginia Beach, I love the ocean. A match made in heaven? I think so! I can hardly wait!




What is your favorite distance?
Since a 5k is all I've ever done I guess 5k But, I'm hoping to love the half-marathon as well.

Are you a morning, noon or evening runner?
That's a loaded question, I'll say morning...even though, your morning is my night...let me explain. I work 3rd shift 11PM to 7AM. I usually get out of work and run when I get home. which would be my night. But, It's usually like 8:30AM so morning. Mornight? Norn? Norning? Yes Norning, I like it.


Do you run solo or with a buddy?
Usually solo no one has a weird schedule like mine.

What's your favorite post run snack?
Banana!


What's your FAVORITE race?
Since I've only done one real race I can't really answer that. But, my goals,and races that I look at and think MAN I GOTTA DO THAT ONE are beach related races. And races with funny names. Like the Run thru Hell or the one I did Purgatory. Also this year I gotta do the Doggie Dash because my dog Mz. Bridgy would love it!


Do you wear a Garmin? If not, how do you track your runs?

No garmin, they look cool but I just can't shell out the bucks for one. I use my phone (Droid) and the app RunKeeper which uses GPS to track my runs. when I'm inside on the treadmill I just the read out on the treadmill. Before I got my phone I used Nike + which also works pretty good. I got me through Purgatory. I'm a gadget crazy woman so a garmin maybe something I look into one day.



What is your least favorite race?
Assuming the half is every bit as awesome as everyone has been telling me that it is...then I would have to say Purgatory. The Run through Purgatory was small, had no finishers medal, was very hilly and on dirt. To be honest the ONLY reason I chose it was because of the name. I will most likely not run it again.



What race is your favorite medal from?
No medals yet :^(


Who is your running idol?

Gladys Burrill I got MAD RESPECT for that chica!!


How long have you been a runner?
Really really serious since January 2011. Before that, On and Off since 2007.


Do you run with your engagement/wedding ring on?
No, my fingers get all huge and swell-ie when I run, I get afraid that I won't get it off again and would have to have it cut off. So no jewels when I run.


What's your favorite workout? repeats? long runs? tempo? fartleks?
Long runs. I enjoy the scenery, and the feeling of AMAZING accomplishment when I'm done!!

Have a Runny day!!

No comments: