Saturday, May 21, 2011

W7D1 at the park

Yeah who could resist running in such a lovely place on such a nice day!



Running outside today was a bit of a challenge. I was in a good mood and in such a lovely place that it showed in my pace. I did 2.75 miles and the splits went like this.

Splits:
Mile 1 13:47
Mile 2 12:55
Mile .75 24:19

Yeah, after I got my 25 minutes in...I fell apart my pace for the first 2 miles was faster than I usually do. I average about a 14:00 min/mile on the treadmill, so it's not surprising that I was pooped after 2 miles. Hubby walked with me the last .75 and we just enjoyed the nice day...as you can tell by my leisurely pace. lol.
I'm feeling good about those times...I just gotta work on more of an even tempo.

I's a nice little park to run in as you can tell by the pic above. It's got a nice run path with trees and in the middle of the loop is a playground for the kids so they can play while I run. It even has a pond with ducks swimming about. Very relaxing, and way more enjoyable than staring at the wall while I'm on my treadmill!



My Peaceful Run Overall:
Time: 44:55
Distance: 2.75 miles
Pace: 16:19

No comments: