Monday, May 30, 2011

WOOHOO I really did it this time

Well I was pretty M.I.A. this weekend, from bloggyland anyway. I was out enjoying that weekend! Despite some storms rollin' through I managed to get some good run time in, which is a plus considering I just signed up for this...

Oh yeah, it's official now.
I signed up for that right after I finished my long run on Sunday. Sunday was a nice peaceful morning. I woke up at 6AM and I was wide awake. So I got up. I thought about signing up for the race then, but I had fear. It has only been this last week...last 4 runs that I have felt in my zone. My Zen post actually started it all. Since then I have been a running machine. So, it isn't so strange that...I don't trust it. It feels like a switch has been flipped and now I can do distance running, 3, 4, 5 miles...doesn't matter I can do it...and with rock solid pace. But, I don't trust it, I fear it's a fluke, that I'll go out to run and piddle out after 10 minutes just like I always have. So I decided Sunday morning I was going out to run and if that went well I would sign up for the race when I got home and that's exactly what I did.
So, I decided to run down to the park...and I do mean that literally. It's all down hill to the park, which is fine on the way down there, but I knew that would be a slow personal torture coming back home.


See, look at the elevation changes. You might also note how stable my pace is throughout, yeay me!
But, it's worth it to run in a place so peaceful.
And so empty, I think everyone must have left for the holidays because I had the whole place to myself.

View of the path and playground


Water so calm, like glass.


Sun creeping up in the sky


An uphill battle


When I got home I checked out my stats and was happy to see them so consistent. Especially since I stopped a few times for a second or two to take the photos you see here.



So, high on confidence, I signed up for the race. And now I sit here, a mixture of happy, confident, nervous and afraid. 13.1 miles is a long way to go. Will I make it? How will this change me? What will I be come Sept 4th? Eek, I'm so excited!



This should be Week 8 day 2 of the C25k but I'm way beyond that now:
Time: 01:15:49
Distance: 5.36 miles
Pace: 14:09

No comments: